A beautiful, colourful late summer salad. Seasonal tomatoes with fresh basil and salt are always a winner. Here the combination of subtly sweet vincotto and grapes are tamed with a little pickling acidity to lift these traditional pairings to another level.
- 100g red grapes
- 60ml apple cider vinegar
- 15ml water
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp pickling spice
- 400g mixed heirloom tomatoes
- 1 piece of buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn
- 4 red radish, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh sweet basil
- 1 tbsp Vincotto
- Olsson's sea salt
- For the pickled grapes, combine vinegar, water, honey and spice mix in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil.
- Places the grapes into a sterilised jar and fill with the hot pickling liquid. Close lid a all to cool before refrigerating for at least 30 minutes, ideally overnight.
- To assemble the salad, toss the tomatoes with the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the tomatoes onto a serving platter, add the radish, and torn mozzarella. To finish spoon the grapes and a little of the pickling liquid over the salad, dress with the vincotto, add the sweet basil and season with salt. Serve with some crusty bread.