Crispy, golden roasted potatoes cooked with bacon, rosemary and a mustard sour cream. Need we say more?
Perfect Roast Spuds
- 1.5 kg small potatoes
- 120 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 2 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped
- 2 tbsp thyme leaves
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan of cold, salted water. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat, then par-boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain potatoes, then using the palm of your hand, lightly press each potato until they just split open. Set aside.
- Pour the olive oil into a roasting pan, add the chopped bacon, then place in the oven for 10 minutes until the oil is very hot.
- Add the smashed potatoes to the pan and carefully spoon some of the hot oil and bacon over the potatoes. Sprinkle over thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper. Roast potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes - 1 hour until crisp and golden. Serve.